School Cinema program is specially designed to teach various life skills such as positive behaviour, creativity, cooperation, anger management, etc. School cinema received 6 national film awards and 9 international awards. It is presented in more than 250 film festivals. The module contains more than 120 films for school students, college students and also for parents and teachers. The film module also teach important lessons such as environmental awareness, good eating habits, true friendship, Team spirit, self-esteem, kindness etc.
Learning For School Students
Children between the ages of five and twelve are very creative and imaginative. It is the best time period for development of creativity, thinking ability and imagination. Children learn major life skills during school days. It is proven that they learn faster than adults because they have greater learning capacity and grasping power. Students learn easily from fun activities like while they play in playground, they learn how to make winning strategy through team efforts. They learn how to manage teams and they learn how to manage time and handle failure, motivate team members, etc. School Cinema also used this concept that learning skills can be entertaining. School Cinema teaches essential life skills to students in a very creative manner.
Learning for College Students
College students are neither too mature nor immature. At that time parents think that the child is capable enough to handle any situation. College students see many changes in their life. They are given many responsibilities by parents, teachers and others. They have to handle academic pressure and have to study seriously because after college they will start their career. At that time students face difficulty in maintaining good relationship with parents. They do not know what is right or wrong for them because life gives them many chances. They can pick any chance and get good or bad results accordingly. School Cinema understands the challenges of college students and brings an effective solution for them.
Learning for Parents & Teachers
The responsibility of teachers and parents is very high. They provide right direction to children. Sometimes they face difficulty in maintaining good relationship with children because of thinking differences. Every person cannot understand the things as you are thinking. Parents and teachers have to understand the psychology of children to give them good teaching. Sometimes they also need effective guidance to improve their teaching efforts. School Cinema provides good learning to parents and teachers. They can learn various life skills through the program that can help them to take right action. Teachers can teach in more efficient manner if they learn the thinking pattern of children. It will be also helpful for parents too.
LIFE SKILLS THROUGH SCHOOL CINEMA
- Films can be used as educational tool. Films can influence the behaviour and psyche of people.
- We think that motivational films have huge educational potential.
- The students can easily relate to the characters and they can learn how to deal with difficult situations. They can also apply learning from films in their personal life.
- In the films some important skills such as creativity, time management, anger management, team spirit, etc. are discussed. The viewers can learn these skills easily and can also understand their importance in life.
- School Cinema designed and developed the videos based on the life skills approval by the UNICEF and WHO.
- The viewers can keep the learning through videos in their mind throughout their life.
- One student who was inspired by the film ‘Chasing the Rainbow’ decided to start a club to give education to needy people. – Amrita Vidyalam (Principle), Mysore.
- Teachers gave the feedback that students like to spend more time in classes than before. They take part in classroom activities and also show their creativeness in the class. – Gitanjali Devshala (Principle), Hyderabad.
- Parents accepted that the concept is interesting, meaningful and innovative. They believe that School Cinema can teach essential values to students that can help in holistic development of child. – Parent, Lovely Public School, New Delhi.
- Students gave good response and they understood various life values and skills through beautiful videos and improvement are also seen in the performance of students. – Principal, Lilavati Podar School, Mumbai.